Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Waiting for my shawarma to warm up in the oven.....

I have been soooooooo lazzzyyyyy about updating this lately! Sorry guys..... Right now I'm waiting for my delicious leftover shawarma (chicken wrap kinda thing) to warm in the oven right now, before I head out to a dance costume fitting, so it seemed like a good moment to write a quick note :)

Life has been so good since I got back from Italy.... I think I'll call it my Cairo anti-routine, because my day to day life here is full of spontaneous unexpected events - so much so that this unplanned unorganizedness has become my routine.

One of these spontaneous adventures happened last Saturady, when Christina, Said, and I decided to go ride camels by the pyramids. It was such a blast.... We had this great "tourguide" who was riding this skinny little white horse next to us and chattering away about the weirdest topics the entire time. I guess he was part of the package deal that Said hooked us up with. He was literally saying things like "Christina, you have short legs like a Japanese woman!" Oh Egypt......... OOOh and camel feet are SOOOOOO COOOLLLL!! They squish as they walk along. It's hard to describe. But I love them. And camels also make the weirdest noises.... Next time you see me, ask me to imitate it for you, because I've been practicing. We took a lot of funny pictures, so here are some for you to enjoy!




So anyways.... Other than the camel adventure, I've been doing a lot of dance costume shopping - I got myself into some major trouble at Eman Zaki's factory (she is a famous dance costume designer her in Egypt).... Life is good. :D


OK, I'll try to write more later, but the smell of the food in my oven is tempting me and I can't stand it any longer!!  <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment